Welcome to Drumchapel
Drumchapel known to locals and residents as 'The Drum is part of the city of Glasgow, Scotland, having been annexed from Dunbartonshire in 1938. It borders Bearsden to the east (in East Dunbartonshire) and Clydebank to the west (in West Dunbartonshire). The area is bordered by Knightswood and Yoker in Glasgow. The name derives from the Gaelic meaning 'the ridge of the horse'.
Drumchapel As part of the overspill policy of Glasgow Corporation, a huge housing estate was built here in the 1950s to house 34,000 people - it is this estate that is now most associated with Drumchapel, despite there being an area known as Old Drumchapel made up of affluent villas to the south of modern Drumchapel